Saturday, September 19, 2009

Clever Songs By Canadian Punks or Anarchist Punks Crime

All right I finally purchased the new Propagandhi album "Supporting Caste". Also picked up Against Me!s Crime 7". I have been meaning to pick up the Propagandhi album for a while now but haven't been to Amoeba in a while. I am stoked on the new album-good songs. It came in a 2x12" LP set. Cool. No color vinyl but still cool. Starting listening to it I was first a little wary because the first song sounded familiar. It seemed a lot like the songs off of "Potemkin City Limits". Chris' singing pattern was the same and guitar riffs similar. Then that song passed and the rest of the album kicked my ass. Glad to hear The Rod screaming some songs. I really liked the interlude between The Funeral Procession and Without Love. Without Love is a great song as well-good summary of life. And the final song Last Will & Testament is an epic song. Love the way the song rocks out for like three minutes before vocals kick in! Great! Worth the wait for sure. As for the Against Me! 7" it was good. Nice to hear a couple songs I haven't heard from them before. Yall Don't Wanna Step To Dis is a new personal fav for me now. Still awaiting the new Larry Arms 7"-just a little over a month before Buttsweat And Tears is available. Got my tix to their show at the Troubadour on Nov 7th-YES-can't wait. Still need the new Rancid(it can wait{come on it's not like it's gonna be their best}) Will probably pick it up next paycheck. Other than that not much in music news~SO-Until next time-In the words of Bill and Ted "Party On!"

No comments:

Post a Comment